Bring your entertainment outside!
With summer just around the corner, you might be gathering ideas for your outdoor living room, landscaping, summer parties and lounging around. Here are our top 5 outdoor technologies:
1. Rock out to your favorite music.
Music is a central part of most of our life, making relaxing seem more relaxed and parties seem more festive. There are many options for speakers for your yard and patio spaces:
- Flush mount in the ceiling of a covered area
- Exterior mount on the side of the house
- Rock-looking landscape speakers
- Underground subwoofers
- Small landscape speakers
2. Televisions to watch the big games.
Watching television outdoors can also come in many different installations. Flat-panel televisions are most often installed under cover, away from the elements. Exterior theaters are also popular – like having a drive-in theater at home!
3. Lighting control to light your way.
Having good outdoor lighting is paramount for adding mood to your parties as well as dimension and depth to both the landscape and architectural features of your home. Lighting paths and stairs are important for avoiding spills.
4. Staying connected with your computers, tablets and other devices.
It’s too nice of a day to spend inside – so take your work outdoors! Having a robust wireless network to connect laptops, tablets and cell phones is a must. Make sure your network will keep up with demands of your connected household! Read more about networks here or watch our video here.
5. Integrate your pool controls or sprinkler systems for convenience.All of your audio, video, lighting, sprinkler and pool controls can be controlled by a single remote or even your iPhone, iPad or computer. Easy-to-use remotes can create “scenes” that turn on the spa, start the music and dim the lights – making sure not to turn on the sprinklers during your party! Read more about sprinklers here.Have questions about these or other technologies for your home? Contact us.